First and foremost, let me say HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2012 has been a roller-coaster ride, filled with ups and downs. I was given my first opportunity to review a product from a major ammunition retailer, I worked out a series of contests for autographed books, and I managed to piss off one of the biggest photographers in the shooting world. All in all, it has been a pretty good year.
In addition to this being New Years Day, it also happens to be the 4 Year Anniversary of WaltInPA. I started this blog as a New Years Resolution and it has gone through a couple of evolutions over the years. It started out as a place for random musings. Next it became a place to share creative writings. The last evolution came two years ago when I decided to switch to a firearms format.
The last evolution was probably the best blog decision I’ve ever made. I’m genuinely happy with the way things have turned out and I look forward to what 2013 brings. I have a handful of ideas that I would like to implement this year and I’m confident that they will be well received.
With the new year upon us, I’d like to spend a little time looking back at 2012. I’ve spent a little time gathering up a number of blog posts. Below you’ll find two lists. The first is a breakdown of my ten favorite posts from 2012 (ordered from oldest to newest). The second list is made up of the ten most popular posts viewed in 2012 (ordered in a countdown fashion to the most popular).
My Favorite Posts of 2012
- USPSA Shooting: Risk vs Reward
- USPSA: Dissecting a Disqualification
- Ammo Review: MagTech .380 Auto SCHP
- 10 Twitter Users Every Gun Nut Should Follow
- Look at those Girls with the Daisy Dukes On
- USPSA in July: Less About Technique – More About Endurance
- IDPA Props: You Break It, You Bought It?
- Dissecting an IDPA FTDR Penalty at Ontelaunee Rod and Gun Club
- Another USPSA Season in the Books
- Local IDPA Match Fees on the Rise
Most Popular Posts of 2012
- IDPA Props: Your Break It, You Bought It?
- The Smith & Wesson M&P Shield is going to make a liar out of me
- Not All IDPA Vests are Created Equal
- iTac Magazine Pouch
- Great Googly Moogly, That Ammo Costs How Much?
- The Knife that Rides in my Pocket
- Amish Gun Belt from hanks Clothing
- Shooting The Breeze Podcast: Episode 11
- Smith & Wesson M&P Shield: Very Interesting but I’ll Pass
- Making My Own IDPA Targets
One of the real pleasures in life is the ability to hop on my motorcycle and ride. Often I'm not quite sure where I'm going, but I almost always wear a backpack. Neither my 2022 Yamaha MT-09 SP nor...
Motorcycle Group Ride: A Collaboration Between WaltInPA and Goofy Bastard
One of my favorite things about the WaltInPA Discord Server is that we meet for Motorcycle Group Rides several times throughout the riding season. Sometimes these rides are short spur-of-the-moment...
3 thoughts on “Another Year in the Books for WaltInPA.com”
Happy New Year to you also Walt! 2012 was a fantastic year for IDPA in general. I would be remiss if I did not mention that meeting you this past year was a true delight, and reading your posts on this site are fantastic. I first learned of the site when the FTDR penalty was given out at our club, and I must say that the posts that it generated put a different spin on the situation. As a MD, I must always remember that i am never going to make everyone happy, and sometimes stuff like that happens. Your site is a great place to come and vent about things, or to post some new ideas for the shooting communitity. Keep up the great work Walt! This is an awesome site!
Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you in 2012 and I look forward to everything you have in store for us at Ontelaunee.
Hey Walt Congrats on a Great year glad I was here for the Ride, can’t wait to see what you have instore for this year!
Comments are closed.