First and foremost, let me say HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2012 has been a roller-coaster ride, filled with ups and downs. I was given my first opportunity to review a product from a major ammunition retailer, I worked out a series of contests for autographed books, and I managed to piss off one of the biggest photographers in the shooting world. All in all, it has been a pretty good year.
In addition to this being New Years Day, it also happens to be the 4 Year Anniversary of WaltInPA. I started this blog as a New Years Resolution and it has gone through a couple of evolutions over the years. It started out as a place for random musings. Next it became a place to share creative writings. The last evolution came two years ago when I decided to switch to a firearms format.
The last evolution was probably the best blog decision I’ve ever made. I’m genuinely happy with the way things have turned out and I look forward to what 2013 brings. I have a handful of ideas that I would like to implement this year and I’m confident that they will be well received.
With the new year upon us, I’d like to spend a little time looking back at 2012. I’ve spent a little time gathering up a number of blog posts. Below you’ll find two lists. The first is a breakdown of my ten favorite posts from 2012 (ordered from oldest to newest). The second list is made up of the ten most popular posts viewed in 2012 (ordered in a countdown fashion to the most popular).
My Favorite Posts of 2012
- USPSA Shooting: Risk vs Reward
- USPSA: Dissecting a Disqualification
- Ammo Review: MagTech .380 Auto SCHP
- 10 Twitter Users Every Gun Nut Should Follow
- Look at those Girls with the Daisy Dukes On
- USPSA in July: Less About Technique – More About Endurance
- IDPA Props: You Break It, You Bought It?
- Dissecting an IDPA FTDR Penalty at Ontelaunee Rod and Gun Club
- Another USPSA Season in the Books
- Local IDPA Match Fees on the Rise
Most Popular Posts of 2012
- IDPA Props: Your Break It, You Bought It?
- The Smith & Wesson M&P Shield is going to make a liar out of me
- Not All IDPA Vests are Created Equal
- iTac Magazine Pouch
- Great Googly Moogly, That Ammo Costs How Much?
- The Knife that Rides in my Pocket
- Amish Gun Belt from hanks Clothing
- Shooting The Breeze Podcast: Episode 11
- Smith & Wesson M&P Shield: Very Interesting but I’ll Pass
- Making My Own IDPA Targets
Until recently, a Kawasaki Ninja 400 Exhaust wasn't something that I was interested in. You see, I bought my Ninja 400 as a backup bike to my Yamaha MT-09 SP, and its primary function was to be a fun...
Over the weekend, I was Rear-Ended on my Motorcycle. As far as Motorcycle Accidents are concerned, this was a best-case scenario. My 2022 Yamaha MT-09 is banged up, but I walked away virtually...