Back in August of 2021, a small group of riders from the WaltInPA Discord Server decided to host a motorcycle ride. Our objective was to spend a few hours exploring Bucks County Covered Bridges and sharing a few laughs and stories along the way.
In our little Discord Group, we try and share the load when it comes to planning and organizing group rides. They aren’t usually extravagant events but they have become a great way for us to discover something new in an area we wouldn’t normally ride in. In this case, WaltInPA Channel Regular Pat W. put this ride together and he did an amazing job with it.
We had the pleasure of seeing a variety of Covered Bridges in Bucks County in addition to the highly impressive Van Sant Airport (which was booming with bikes this particular day). Stops were spread out perfectly to avoid fatigue and allow us to chat a bit.
- South Perkasie Covered Bridge (Google Maps Link)
- Mood’s Covered Bridge (Google Maps Link)
- Sheard’s Mill Covered Bridge (Google Maps Link)
- Knecht Covered Bridge (Google Maps Link)
- Uhlerstown Covered Bridge (Google Maps Link)
- Erwinna Covered Bridge (Google Maps Link)
- Van Sant Airport (Google Maps Link)
- Frankenfield Covered Bridge (Google Maps Link)
- Cabin Run Covered Bridge (Google Maps Link)
- Loux Covered Bridge (Google Maps Link)
Of the Group Rides we went on last year, I think this one may be my favorite. Between all of the sights, lunch at Van Sant Airport, and the comradery, it was an awesome day riding with friends.
If you would like to care to ride our route yourself, I’ve included our Bucks County Covered Bridge Group Ride Packet Below. Credit goes to Pat W. for putting on such an enjoyable ride!
When most people think about Motorcycle Group Rides, I believe it conjures up images of large packs of Harley Davidson Motorcycles riding for a cause. While there is no shortage of these types of...
On June 18, 2023, I went for a Father's Day Motorcycle Ride to Lancaster, PA, to see a historic covered bridge. I was stopped at a traffic light at the intersection of PA Rt 422 East and PA Rt 82...